Cabbage is a leafy vegetable and is used in many soups, salads and some times as remedy
Benefits of Cabbage :
Cabbage is excellent source of vitamin C
It is low calorie food
Is rich in Glutamin and Amino acids hence it is anti inflammatory
It is used in European folk medicine
Iodine : Cabbage is rich in iodine so it may also acts as goitrogen , so it controls Thyroid Glands
Sometimes cabbage cabbage juice is used as a remedy for ulcers
Fresh cabbage helps in gastric problems
cabbage - 500 gm
moong dal 200 gm
red chili powder - 2 tb spoon
salt - as per taste
oil- 2 tb spoon
ginger garlic paste - half a tb spoon
masala - 1 tb spoon
chopped onion - 1 no
coriander powder - 1 tb spoon
chopped curry leaves - 5 no
chopped coriander leaves - 1/4 of cup
cumin seeds- 1/2 a tb spoon
mustard seeds - 1/2 a tb spoon
turmeric - a pinch
1) Wash the dal in fresh water and soak it for 5 to 10 min.
2)cut cabbage into small pieces (check for insects ) and wash it .
3) Heat oil in a flat pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds as they just done
4) Add chopped onion, sprinkle little salt after 1-2 mins
5) Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chopped curry leaves
6) Saute them for 2 min on very low flame.
7) Now add cabbage, red chili powder, coriander powder after 2 min add soaked dal.
8) Cover it with a lid and cook finely.
9) Add masala and coriander leaves .
Serve it with rice or nans, or roti , you can also have with bread slices .it gives awesome taste
Try it and enjoy a new dish......:)